Ground owners can now choose which members will be able to create and manage ground resources, while letting the other members have “view only” access.
A lot of ground owners have asked for a chance to be able to delegate various editor permissions to one or many ground members. Well now you can!
Ground owners will be able to choose which members will be able to create and manage ground resources, while letting the other members have “view only” access.
These granular permissions can be set either while adding new members, or for existing members, if so.
In your Garden ground, you can let Erica be an Editor in Device permissions segment, since she’s the one implementing all tracking gateways and devices, while keeping her Application permissions to Viewer.
At the same time, you can assign Editor in Application permissions to Michael as he’s responsible for creating all the Sensor maps.
All the other ground members can consume all the ground data fully, without you worrying that someone might delete any resource by mistake.
What will change
We’ve made sure to migrate all the existing ground members to the new system of ground permissions according to previously set Resource management permissions for any ground.
- If your ground had Resource management permissions set to Owner, then all ground members will be Viewers for all ground resources. You can now choose if you would like to delegate “Editor” permissions to someone.
- If your ground had Resource management permissions set to Members, then all ground members will be Editors for all ground resources. Now is the chance to go through the list of members, and set particular permissions exactly as you need.
A major change is about members creating and managing ground Pinboards
- Henceforth, ground Pinboards will behave the same as other ground resources (devices, rules, applications, etc.),
- Visible to all ground members, regardless of who has created them,
- Can be changed by a ground owner or any member with Editor permissions
- Can view all ground Pinboards
- Can’t create new Pinboards or manage the old ones
- Can create new ground Pinboards
- Can change or delete any ground Pinboard, even if another ground owner or member had created them