Hi! Looking for a new challenge in a fast-growing Internet of Things Environment? Let’s talk! At AllThingsTalk, we make IoT ideas happen. We build a scalable IoT Product platform which can be used as an accessible prototyping environment that you can use in minutes rather than days. You can use it as well for
Front end developer with a passion for data science & IoT
(For our office in Ghent or Mechelen)
We are looking for a teammate who is passionate about information technologies, more specially the Internet of Things. Next to your interest and expertise in data analytics, you have experience to work with collaborative teams operating across borders, empathy is your second nature. You will be a key player working on the most innovative projects that AllThingsTalk will lead and participate in.
What you'll be doing:
Internet of Things involves a set of technologies ranging from sensors to networks (low power and others), over data aggregation and analytics to application development. But ultimately, the real value resides in the collected data and the innovative algorithms which make use of them. We, therefore, wish to strengthen the AllThingsTalk team with your expertise. These will be your day to day activities:
- Build front-end applications for the web and mobile on top of our RESTful API’s
- Build Smart components based on innovative algorithms to serve tomorrows use cases
- Build SDK’s on top of our REST API’s to support embedded hardware
- Participate in the delivery of customer projects
- You work with customers to determine their needs and requirements
- You understand the customer use cases and can translate them into a working solution
- Go the extra mile in the document your work for team members and customers
Who we're looking for:
- Communication is in your DNA
- You have 3+ years of experience in agile software development and a good knowledge of data analytics and the tools provided
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of IoT in general
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of RESTful API’s
- An analytical mindset and a good knowledge of data analytics and the tools provided
- Accuracy is your mantra
- Able to apply a lean programming approach
- Good programming practises and skills
- You are fluent in English, written and spoken.
- You’re a natural problem solver and you derive job satisfaction and pride from it
- You are able to cooperate and work in a multidisciplinary and agile team and contribute to future developments
- You work independently, manage time efficiently and take matters into own hands.
- You are a fast learner, with a can-do mentality, who picks things up on the go.
What you can expect at AllThingsTalk:
- We are a small yet fast-growing energetic team with people of all ages, always in for a good joke.
- You can grab the chance to experiment with the newest technologies and monitor the evolutions on the market closely.
- You have the freedom to pitch and drive your own ideas.
- Deadlines are committed by the group and when things are pressing we stand shoulder to shoulder.
- Your enthusiasm and results-oriented approach will be rewarded with a competitive salary.
- A shared “we'll change the world” mentality and drive.
- Work-life balance and a friendly working environment are important to us
The core values of the company will translate in our expectations
Make it happen
With out-of-the-box thinking and trial-and-error, we take matters in our own hands. If we just wait for someone to have
the perfectidea, nothing gets done. So, at AllThingsTalk, we do. It's how we'll contribute to the next big thing in IoT.
AllThingsTalk is you
You're the co-author of our story. Take the lead, share your knowledge and experience, help us write our next chapter and you'll get brownie points. Our products are connected, we should be too.
Share the love
When we talk about IoT and our projects to customers, family and friends or during workshops, we get sparkles in our eyes. IoT is our core, both during office hours and after. Making the world a better place with
it,is what gets us up in the morning.
Find your balance
About our people and the planet: we regularly take on green projects and make sure arriving at the office feels a bit like coming home.
- Contact us by e-mailing your resume or LinkedIn page to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Impress us over a short phone / Skype interview
- Convince us during the interview in our office
- Say YES to our proposal and join our team